- Print |
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data packets that websites download onto their visitors' browsers. In general, these technologies can serve very diverse purposes, such as recognizing you as a user, obtaining information about your browsing habits, or customizing the way the content is displayed. The specific uses we make of these technologies are described in the table at the end of the following section.
2. Types of cookies
Depending on the entity, the purpose or the period for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, cookies may be:
a) According to the entity that manages them:
- First-party cookies: These are sent to the user's terminal from a computer or domain managed by the publisher of the website from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user's terminal from a computer or domain managed by an entity other than the publisher of the website in order to process the data obtained from said cookies.
b) According to their purpose:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These allow the user to browse through the website and use the different options or services available, such as controlling traffic and data communication, going through the purchase process of an order or using security elements during browsing.
- Preference cookies: These allow a website to remember information that differentiates the user’s experience from that of other users, such as the user's language settings, the number of results to show when the user makes a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser being used or the regional settings from where the service is accessed.
- Performance cookies: These allow the monitoring and analysis of user behaviour on websites. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the website, application or platform and to create browsing profiles of the users of said sites, in order to make improvements to the service based on usage data.
- Marketing cookies: These enable the effective management of the advertising spaces that have been included on the website from which the service is provided. They enable the advertising content to be adapted so that it is relevant to the user and to prevent ads from being displayed that the user has already seen.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These enable the most effective possible management of the advertising spaces that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform from which the service is provided. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, from which a specific profile is created so that advertising can be displayed based on it.
- Cookies from external social media: These are used so that users can interact with the content of different social media platforms (such as Facebook), and are used by these third-party social media owners to carry out behavioural advertising, analysis and monitoring and market research, as well as for purposes that appear in their legal terms and conditions.
c) According to the period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: These are designed to collect and store data while the user is browsing the website. They are normally used to store information that is only required for the provision of the service requested by the user on that particular occasion (for example, a list of purchased products) and they disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: These store data on the computer and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies used by the website and how they are managed
4. How can the user manage cookies?
4.1. The user can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their device through the following settings panel:
4.2. The user also has the option of allowing, blocking or deleting cookies installed on their computer by configuring the options of their computer's browser. For more information, consult your browser’s instructions and manuals:
We will inform you of any changes to the characteristics or purposes of the cookies used on this website in order to obtain your consent again in those cases where this is necessary.
6. Additional information on this website's data processing