- Print |
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
I. Who is responsible for the data you provide?
The company responsible for the processing of your personal data is EMPRESA MUNICIPAL DE AGUAS Y SANEAMIENTO DE MURCIA, S.A. (hereafter EMUASA) CIF nº A-30054209, located at Plaza Circular, nº 9 Murcia.
EMUASA is a drinking water supply company, which is governed in its operations, among other regulations, by Law 3/2000, of 12 July, on Sanitation and Treatment of Wastewater in the Region of Murcia and Implementation of the Sanitation Levy.
The following section explains what personal data EMUASA collects and for what purposes.
II. What type of information does EMUASA collect?
EMUASA collects the following personal information:
Identification and contact data (name, DNI, telephone, email, etc.), and information about the dwelling you occupy (address, floor, etc.) We collect this data when you sign the drinking water supply contract.
- Consumption data and technical data of the drinking water supply. This information on your consumption is necessary to issue the corresponding invoice.
Different data voluntarily provided by you when you contact us. If you contact us for any reason (for a claim, to report an emergency, to ask a question, etc.), we collect information of very different types that you bring to our knowledge in order to meet the request that you make.
III. What do we use your personal information for?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the potable water supply and sewerage service that you have contracted. We carry out different procedures necessary to fulfil the water supply contract, such as: periodic readings, issuance of invoices, information to the client about different means of consumption, etc. The processing of this data is necessary to maintain the contractual relationship with you.
- To manage the water supply and to resolve the incidents that occur. EMUASA carries out leak detection, fraud control, and hydraulic balance tasks in order to guarantee adequate water management and the correct functioning of the network. EMUASA has a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to detect leaks and prevent fraud. On the other hand, the processing related to the supply of water is necessary to maintain the contractual relationship with you.
- To respond to requests that you voluntarily make to us (among others, claims, questions, emergency calls, etc.). The processing of this data is necessary to maintain the contractual relationship with you and is based on your consent.
- To carry out statistical studies and/or satisfaction surveys in relation to the supply of water to help us improve the service or design new features.
Statistical studies. We carry out statistical studies to help us improve our services or design new features. For example, we will evaluate the levels of satisfaction, we will determine periodic averages of consumption, and we will forecast the water demand in different areas and municipalities. This use of data is based on the legitimate interest of EMUASA in processing your personal information and, in particular, your opinion about the service and information about consumption and the problems that you may have, to generate statistical or aggregated studies that will allow us to improve the service. This use of data is based on the legitimate interest of EMUASA in processing your personal information and, in particular, your opinion about the service and information about consumption and the problems that you may have, to generate statistical or aggregated studies that will allow us to improve the service.
Satisfaction surveys. We also carry out satisfaction surveys related to the supply of water, for which we may contact you by telephone or email. In no case will measures be taken that affect you individually, and your personal data will be anonymized. EMUASA considers that this purpose is compatible with the purpose of supplying the water service since there is a relationship between both purposes (we carry out satisfaction surveys in order to provide you with better service). We understand, on the other hand, that you can reasonably expect that your personal information will be processed for this purpose.
- To manage access to and use of the virtual office. The treatment of this data is based on the existence of a contractual relationship with you.
To offer or send you commercial information related to the drinking water services managed by EMUASA, as well as about activities and events related to the said sector provided that you give us your consent. If you authorize us to do so, we may send you promotions, including by electronic means. The treatment of this data for this purpose is based on your consent.
- Creation of a profile about you by continuously monitoring your water consumption, as well as using other data that you have provided us to offer personalized promotions and services related to the water sector, provided that you give us your consent. For this, your remote reading data and other data will be used allowing us to know your water consumption in real time, among other things. The processing of data for this purpose is based on your consent.
IV. Who do we share your data with?
EMUASA has several suppliers that assist us in the performance of different tasks related to the water supply service. As an example, EMUASA has entities that assist us with technological issues such as data storage, remote reading, or fraud detection in water consumption. We are also assisted by other entities in the management of unpaid bills, the provision of customer services, the carrying out of satisfaction surveys, or the printing, enveloping and distribution of invoices.
Finally, EMUASA relies on the services of Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited to store different information in Microsoft Azure, including your data. Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited could outsource some of these tasks to the US-based Microsoft Corporation. However, in the event of an international transfer of data to Microsoft Corporation, it is lawful because adequate guarantees have been established to protect your personal data. In this sense, Microsoft Corporation (i) belongs to Privacy Shield, and (ii) the Spanish Agency for Data Protection has considered that the transfers made to it are legal given certain conditions.
EMUASA will communicate your personal data to the following entities that, among other things, may use it to:
|Entity||Purpose||This transfer is legal...|
|City Council of the municipality where the service or Social Services of the City Council are provided.||Collection of the City Council garbage tax.||Tax ordinance of the corresponding city council, regulating the garbage tax rate that provides for collection through the water bill. (Ordinance accessible on the website of each city council).|
|Regional Entity for Sanitation and Wastewater Treatment (ESAMUR).||Before applying the flat rate of the social fund, we need the approval of Social Services of the City Council of Murcia.||Collaboration agreement between EMUASA and the City Council for the control and regulation of the Social Fund.|
|Collection of the sanitation levy.||We are obligated to do this transfer by Law 3/2000, of 12 July, on Sanitation and Wastewater Treatment in the Region of Murcia and the Implementation of the Sanitation Levy, the current rate and the Regulations that develop it.|
V. How long do we keep your data?
Your data will be kept as long as we maintain a contractual relationship with you in order to properly manage it. Once this relationship is finished, we must keep your information duly blocked for an additional period in which there may be responsibilities derived from the water supply service, or from each purpose.
In the case where you have authorized the sending of commercial communications, we will keep your data until you ask us to stop sending you our offers.
VI. Your rights
As an affected or interested party, you have the right, in relation to your personal data, of access, rectification, limitation, deletion, opposition, not to be subjected to decisions based solely on the automated processing of your data, and its portability. Therefore, in accordance with current data protection laws, you can:
- Obtain confirmation as to whether EMUASA is processing personal information that concerns you or not, as well as accessing your personal data and even obtaining a copy of the personal data that is being handled.
- Rectify personal data if it is inaccurate (for example, you can request the rectification of your postal address).
- Limit, where appropriate, the processing of your data. In this sense, you may request that EMUASA process your data for a specific purpose (for example, if EMUASA no longer needs to keep the said data, but you request that it keeps it in its system for future claims).
- Oppose the processing of your data in certain circumstances for reasons related to your particular situation (for example, to create personalized profiles or to receive commercial communications from EMUASA). The opposition includes not being subject to automated decisions based solely on the automated processing of your data.
- Delete your personal data provided there are no exceptions listed in the GDPR that prevent the deletion of it, in which case your data will be blocked (for example, the deletion will not proceed when your information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation required of EMUASA).
- Request the portability of the data you have provided.
At all times, if you have consented to receiving commercial communications, the conducting of surveys not related to the service, or profiling, you have the right to revoke that consent.
EMUASA also recognizes the right to file a claim with the DPD in the event that you consider that your personal data has been mishandled. Your claim will be investigated confidentially, and you will receive a response from our DPD.
To exercise your rights, it necessary to present:
A copy of the DNI of the person requesting to exercise the right, or equivalent identification document.Documento, debidamente cumplimentado:
You can contact us by these means:
- Addressing to us a letter by post to the address: Plaza Circular, nº 9 - 30008 (Murcia).
- By email addressed to: email@example.com indicating the reason as Data Protection Rights.
- Using the CONTACTA on our website.
In any case, as an affected person or interested party, you can report the complaints that you consider appropriate to the Spanish Agency for Data Protection (www.agpd.es).